Why Choose Ford/Motorcraft Genuine Parts?
- OEM or Original Equipment Manufacturer parts are supplied by the same manufacturers that equipped your vehicle from the factory. That means they are designed to work in your vehicle, and have been put to the test to withstand the stress of daily use in your vehicle.
- OEM parts can save you valuable time and money. With a guaranteed fit for your vehicle, you will spend less time for your regularly scheduled maintenance. And as OEM components are designed to last longer, you will find yourself having to visit the service department less often. Bill Mathews Motors stocks a wide variety of auto parts for all Ford models, including auto body parts, scheduled maintenance items and custom accessories.
- Parts purchased from your Ford dealer carry a 2 year parts warranty.
- Our knowledgeable & trained staff are trained to help you get the parts you require.
- Our parts department often have the part you need in stock, or can order it overnight.
What is your parts warranty?
24 months/unlimited km (whichever occurs first) limited warranty on most Genuine Ford/Motorcraft® Parts and Ford Genuine Accessories (purchased from Ford or Ford Lincoln dealers or Ford dealer wholesale customers) for cars and light trucks that are found to be defective in material or workmanship. Parts, labour, and towing covered for ‘dealer installed’ parts/accessories; parts only are covered for ‘over the counter’ retail parts/accessories; parts and labour (up to a maximum of $150) covered for wholesale and fleet parts/accessories. Part and/or accessory failure due to: abuse, misuse, neglect, alteration, accident, racing; improper lubrication, repair or installation; use in applications for which they were either not designed, or functionally intended or not approved by Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited; cleaning, adjustment or replacement as a part of normal maintenance; or failures caused by non-Ford parts, are not covered under this warranty. Coverage varies between over-the-counter and dealer-installed parts. See your local Ford Store for complete coverage details and limitations.
How fast can you get the parts I need?
- We stock many common parts for your Ford vehicle.
- If parts have to be ordered, they are usually overnight.
- Some specialty or less common/less available parts may have to come from western Canada or the USA, which can take 3 days or longer to arrive (our parts staff will let you know the ETA).
How can I help ensure I get the correct parts for my vehicle?
- Please provide our parts staff your V.I.N (vehicle identification number), which is 17 digits and located on your ownership or insurance slip. If you do not have either your ownership or insurance information readily available, it will be located inside your driver door and bottom right corner or your windshield.
- Our staff uses programs that look up the parts that directly apply to your vehicle by V.I.N as they often vary depending on your vehicle year, options, build date, etc.
- If you provide the last 8 digits of your V.I.N it would be appreciated to ensure the correct parts or accessories are ordered.
Do you sell cleaning products or chemicals?
Do you replace windshields?
If you have an unfortunate chip in your windshield, or a crack that requires windshield replacement, we can replace your windshield with the exact factory installed windshield specified for your vehicle.
Although glass/windshield shops do replacements as well, they often use a glass component that has a less quality than the OEM component. The number of glass panes, and sound acoustics can vary a large amount between suppliers. Installing a Ford factory windshield eliminates any doubt regarding quality. Safety is a priority with all vehicle components and your windshield should be the same.
My part has a core charge, what does that mean?
- Core charges exist on some parts as they are sent back to Ford engineering for re manufacturing. Common core parts include starters, catalytic converters, alternators, and brake calipers. A core charge may exist on many different parts, and your Ford parts personnel at Bill Mathews Motors will let you know.
- The cost of a core charge varies on the component or part purchased. Core charges are billed at the time of the parts sale and reimbursed if returned properly.
- When a core is returned it must be in its original box or packaging, with no damage present. All components that came with the new part must be included with the core return as well. No oil or fluid saturation should be present, please clean your core return part.
Do you sell touch up paint?
Can I return parts that I have purchased?
- Commonly stocked parts can be returned and refunded, if they were purchased in the last 30 days and are in original packaging. All components must be present, and it must not have been used or have damage present.
- Electrical components that are special ordered or opened cannot be returned.
- If the part was special ordered and you decide it is not needed, a 25% restocking fee will apply.
Do you sell tires?
I have lost my car key, how do I proceed?
If you have a traditional 8-cut key, you can bring in your existing key and have us match cut a new key, then program it to your vehicle (in most cases)
The majority of vehicles have a PATS security system, which requires your key to be programmed to you vehicle by a certified Ford technician.
If you have lost all keys to your vehicle, you will need to have the vehicle towed to the dealership
It is suggested that if you lose one key, you have a new one cut & programmed, as once you lose a second the vehicle may have to be towed.
A maximum of 8 keys can be programmed to your vehicle. Only programmable keys can be used.
We have many different styles of 8-cut keys in stock, but manufacturers have now switched to a side mill cut, which has to be ordered pre-cut by your Ford dealer.
To have ignition or door keys cut, we require: -2 pieces of I.D. (one with a photo)
What oil does my vehicle require?
- Your owner’s manual or service advisor can direct you what oil to use.
- Most modern Ford gasoline engines require the usage of semi-synthetic 5W20 or 5W30
- It is recommended to use the appropriate Motorcraft branded oil, either semi-synthetic or full synthetic.